Responsible for providing consultative support and assistance to medical providers and other CBHA staff. Provides brief solution focused interventions for patients regarding behavioral health conditions without engaging in extended specialty mental health care.
At Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) we never have to wonder whether the work we do is worthwhile. Each day we see victories and successes, big and small, in the lives of people who count on us.
Partner with Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) for a rewarding career. Your dream to promote health and wellness, work with passionate people, and feel accomplished for doing important work while earning a reasonable paycheck is possible with us. Be a part of a healthcare movement as you grow your career. The size and culture of the organization provides an opportunity to work closely with leadership, lead initiatives, and see the results of your hard work. You ability to make an impact is limited only by your passion and creativity.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
1. Possesses an understanding of the application of behavioral health theory, case management interventions and ethical behavioral health practices of the profession.
2. Requires the equivalent of extensive formal training in providing behavioral health and case management interventions, usually acquired in the form of completion of a major in social work, counseling, or related field as part of a Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with two years qualifying experience.
Licenses and Certification:
1. Possesses a license to provide behavioral health interventions/counseling.
2. Possesses a valid Washington State driver’s license.
1. Ability to prepare basic correspondence and simple reports in Microsoft Word.
2. Ability to use Microsoft Excel to create tables and simple displays of information.
3. Ability to create basic presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
4. Ability to enter and manage data into a centralized electronic health records.
1. Requires the employee to effectively communicate their opinions and extrapolations of information they collect and synthesize/analyze.
2. Ability to negotiate resolutions to complex situations which may be inherently adversarial.
3. Requires the compilation and analysis of information prepared in effective written form, including correspondence, reports, articles, or other documentation.
4. Duties involve convincing others to take actions or to behave in specific way desired by the employee.
5. Proficiency in speaking, reading, writing and translating both English and Spanish.